Fondant Dipped Chocolate Covered Cherries
- 3 Cups dry fondant (1 pound)
- 90 Maraschino cherries with stem
- 1 Tbsp water
- Merckens chocolate-melted
- 2 Tbsp Liquid from cherries
- 1 Tbsp light corn syrup (Karo)
- Combine first 4 ingredients.
- Over medium heat, bring mixture to 165 degrees F. Stir constantly.
- Holding cherry by the stem, dip into the heated fondant.
- Place on waxed paper to dry. You may re-dip cherries if desired.
- Dip dry coated cherries in melted chocolate and place in a candy cup or on waxed or parchment paper.
- Place in the freezer to firm up. Store in a cool dry location.
Molded Cherry Cordials
- Dry fondant
- Merckens Chocolate-melted**
- Maraschino Cherries no stem
- 1. Using the melted chocolate make a chocolate shell in the classic cherry mold. Chill just until firm to the touch.
- Method 1: Using a paintbrush, coat each cavity of the mold with the melted chocolate. Be careful there are no pinholes or your cherry will leak. If you hold the mold up to the light you will see the pinholes. Recoat areas as needed.
- Method 2: Fill each cavity of the mold entirely. Tip the mold to drain excess chocolate back into your chocolate source. An angle edged spatula or other straight edge will help you with this.
- Mix the dry fondant and juice from the cherries to form a heavy liquid. You may add more or less cherry juice to taste.
- Place one cherry in each mold.
- Fill with fondant mixture until 3/4 full.
- Put melted chocolate in a squeeze bottle and starting at the outer edge of each mold and fill the remainder of each cavity.
- Chill in freezer until set. Unmold and place in a candy cup.
- Store in a cool dry location.